Director of Program Services
WV Child Advocacy Network Position Description
Position Title: Director of Program Services
Position Held by: vacant
Supervised by: Chief Strategy Officer
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week, exempt
Description: Under the supervision of the Chief Strategy Officer, performs functions related to the
operations and sustainability of child advocacy centers (CACs) in WV, quality assurance of the
programs and services of CACs, and administration of private sector subgrants.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Provides technical assistance and training support to established child advocacy centers
through site visits, consultations both oral and written, written resource materials and any other
venue deemed appropriate.
• In collaboration with other relevant staff, participates in planning and development of grant
• Supports reliability, validity, and security of center data collection/reporting and outcome
monitoring through training, technical assistance, and administration of case tracking software
and Outcome Measurement System.
• Compilation of CAC statistical reports to include service provision, Outcome Measurement
System data, CAC budget data, and other resources.
• Facilitates trainings and participates in the development and organization of training sessions
and materials primarily for CAC staff, and as-needed for local CAC boards of directors and
multidisciplinary investigative teams. Including, but not limited to:
o Assist Director of Strategic Initiatives with trainings related to special initiatives and/or
o Lead New Director Orientation for CACs
o Lead CAC Pre/Re-Accreditation Site Visits
• Leads and coordinates training offerings including but not limited to: Family Advocacy Meeting
and Forensic Interview Peer Review.
• Monitors continuing education records for WVCAN and CACs.
• Contributes to internal CAC projects to benefit local programs, and suggests ideas for new
• Leads creation and analysis of results of annual Membership Renewal Survey.
• Attends work regularly in accordance with organization’s employee policy.
• Complies with all applicable security and safety rules, regulations and standards.
• Management of Contractors as-needed.
• Administer grants associated with private-sector funders including: RFPs, BMRs, reporting and
scheduling of site visits.
• Coordinates federal and state grant technical assistance to CACs including review of
applications and disseminating relevant information about the grants.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Performs related work as assigned, including awareness raising activities, Legislative advocacy work,
fundraising event participation, volunteer management, etc.
• Passion for agency mission.
• Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field.
• Three to five years’ experience in membership associations, community organization and
development, multidisciplinary work, training and/or grant management.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Skill in communicating effectively both in writing and verbally, in small groups and large
• Skill in working with diverse groups of people.
• Proficiency in word processing, PowerPoint and Excel software applications.
• Ability to manage projects and meet deadlines.
Ability to travel statewide. Approximately 10% travel required.
• Knowledge of the dynamics of child abuse and issues related to assisting victims.
• Experience working in a multidisciplinary environment to assist victims of child abuse and
• Statistical evaluation and program quality improvement expertise.
• Mature, self-motivated, good judgment, flexibility, positive attitude.
• High professional standards and ethics.
ANNUAL SALARY RANGE AND BENEFITS
$42,000 – $46,000 range + generous benefits package including health insurance, vision, dental,
pension, annual wellness bonus, sabbatical policy, and paid time off.
This Corporation will deliver services and engage in practices that are non-discriminatory in nature. Services,
employment opportunities, volunteer opportunities, and all other activities executed by this Corporation in order
to fulfill its purposes will be offered and executed regardless of race, creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, handicap, ethnic origin or ability to pay. Minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are
strongly encouraged to apply.