Child Care & Dev. Center: 2 Opportunities - Asst. Teacher & Cook
Holy Family Child Care and Development Center seeks two positions to serve on their team. These team member must have been called to serve children and their families inclusively and must also provide high quality care and education by exhibiting the virtues of respect, kindness, compassion, empathy, humility, and love.
The Assistant Teacher's role will help support the Lead Teacher in the classroom according to the required needs and standards along with supporting the center as needed for the children served.
Experiencewith pre-school aged children and younger is a plus. Candidates mustdisplay a positive attitude, a strong work ethic, and a silver lining approachto solving problems. Those candidates with at least one (1) year of relevantand documented work experience; either a CDA or ACDS Certificate; and an Associatesdegree or higher degree in early childhood education or related field ispreferred. At a minimum, a candidate must be at least 18 years of age andhave a High School diploma or GED equivalent.
All candidates considered for this role are required to submit to a background screen along with other screens as may be needed if a conditional offer of employment letter is provided and/or as may be required under state or federal law for child care facilities.
Holy Family offers benefits to eligible employees and base compensation commensurate upon experience. If you have an interest in working with a great team and employer, please submit your resume and cover letter along with your enthusiastic spirit in a response to this posting.
The cook serves a key role in supporting the nutrition program through activities such as:
- Preparing meals, snacks, and other food as needed, according to established guidelines
- Kitchen administration to include: inventory, directing food service support staff, completing reports, forms, etc
- 18 years of age minimum;
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Appropriate clearances and passing criminal background checks will be required of the successful candidate;
- Be able to lift 50 pounds, sustain prolonged standing and perform daily bending.
- Food Handlers certification
- Cooking and food service experience